Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tool # 10 Digital Citizenship


1. The three most important things I try to get across to my students during our internet safety lessons are:

      • Cyber bulling is ramped on Facebook and other social networking sites. I try to get across the damage it can cause and to report if they are being bullied or if they know someone. 

      • Safety for predators and people they do not know. Kids do not understand the dangers that are on social media sites. It is like anything else do not chat with strangers, watch out were you go and what you do.
      • Be careful what you post it may come back a haunt you years from now. Things that are said, done and pictures never leave the internet and kids don’t seem to understand that. 

2. I took a look at iSafe and joined up. I did not see that SBISD had an account for us but I really liked it. I think it is a better system then me telling the kids not to do something or watch out. I will be getting with IT to see about membership.

3 . Right now we use Edmodo to do a class discussion sharing ideas and stories about internet safety. I would like to add to this by using iSafe and spending another day with it an involving the parents. 


4. I would like the parents to do some homework with the kids. Sort of a workshop, graded at home with at least one parent involvement. I will look into this using iSafe and Edmodo. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment